Project Design Features
- Replacement of street paving with the new 31-foot wide street. Paving to be concrete with integral curb and gutter-completed
- Installation of storm sewer to improve drainage-completed
- Installation of new water main and services-completed
- Replacement of driveways with new PCC concrete drives between the street and sidewalk-completed
- Replace sidewalks along the entire length of the project-completed
- New ADA compliant curb ramps at the intersection of Rose and 4th Streets-completed
- The ditches on the south side of the street will be filled in with shallow ditches to remain on the south side between the curb and the sidewalk-completed
- The ditches on the north side of the street will be filled in to create a uniform slope from the top of the curb to the sidewalk-completed
- All trees and shrubs within the ROW will be removed to accommodate the work-completed
- Project will close 4th Street between Highway 22 and Ella Street, and between Ella Street and Greene Street to thru traffic.
- The project will also close Rose Street between St Mary's and the alley south of 4th Street.
- Traffic on Ella Street and Highway 22 will be maintained.
- Local traffic to adjacent properties will be allowed.
- Access to homes will be maintained as much as possible with gravel surfacing once paving is removed.
- This project will remove and replace all sidewalks within the project area.
- No pedestrian traffic will be able to be accommodated within the project area
- Sidewalk access north/south along Ella Street and Highway 22 will be maintained during construction.
Water and Sewer Services
- The water services will be replaced from the main to the curb stop along with a new curb stop with the project-completed
- It will be the obligation of the Contractor to maintain mail and garbage service to all homes and businesses in the project area. On garbage day, put your garbage and recycling containers in your normal location. The contractor will coordinate with Johnson County Refuse to get carts emptied and returned to their location.
- If homes or businesses have sump pump outlets or roof drain piping that outlets within the ROW, let us know so it can be connected to new sub drains and storm sewer
- Relocate any landscaping or other items between the street and sidewalk prior to the start of construction
- The project intends to replace driveways at a similar width to the existing driveway behind the sidewalk. If you intend to widen driveways, it will the property owners’ responsibility.
- If you have any special concerns or suggestions about the project, feel free to contact MMS or the City
For More Information
MMS Consultants, Inc.
Scott Pottorff, P.E.
Back: City Projects