We've compiled a list of commonly-requested documents and applications.
Park shelters and community buildings are available to rent and reserve from the City of Riverside. Call City Hall at (319) 648-3501 to check on availability, then complete and return the appropriate form:
Fees for building permits vary depending upon the proposed project. The process for approval follows:
- Submit plans of the proposed project, including property lines, to the City Clerk
- Complete and sign permit application and builder's agreement
- The City's Building Inspector will inspect and approve plans (if okay) and attach appropriate fees
- City Council will vote on approval at the next Council meeting
- Once the fee is paid and Council approves the permit, construction may begin
Fines may be imposed if construction is started before a permit is approved or if occupancy is allowed before the City approves the structure. It is the builder's responsibility to inform the City Administrator and/or City Clerk when the project is ready for inspection.
Some examples of projects requiring permits are:
- Additions which change the roofline of a home
- Patios or additions which do not change the roofline of a home
If you are unsure whether your project requires a permit, inquire at City Hall.
To register to vote in Riverside, complete the voter registration form and mail it to Washington County Auditor's Office, P.O. Box 889, Washington, IA 52353. If you have an Iowa Driver's License or Non-operator's ID, you can register to vote online.